13 Facts that Should Be Etched on Castro’s Tombstone and Highlighted in Every Obituary
● He turned Cuba into a colony of the Soviet Union and nearly caused a nuclear holocaust.
● He sponsored terrorism wherever he could and allied himself with many of the worst dictators on earth.
● He was responsible for so many thousands of executions and disappearances in Cuba that a precise number is hard to reckon.
● He brooked no dissent and built concentration camps and prisons at an unprecedented rate, filling them to capacity, incarcerating a higher percentage of his own people than most other modern dictators, including Stalin.
● He condoned and encouraged torture and extrajudicial killings.
● He forced nearly 20 percent of his people into exile, and prompted thousands to meet their deaths at sea, unseen and uncounted, while fleeing from him in crude vessels.
● He claimed all property for himself and his henchmen, strangled food production and impoverished the vast majority of his people.
● He outlawed private enterprise and labor unions, wiped out Cuba’s large middle class and turned Cubans into slaves of the state.
● He persecuted gay people and tried to eradicate religion.
● He censored all means of expression and communication.