Some events that caught our eye:
• TAKE IN a Harvey Mansfield lecture on Tocqueville’s answer to the mild despotism of rational control. Host: American Enterprise Institute.
• HEAR the remarkable story of Sichan Siv, who as a young man fled the killing fields of Cambodia, moved to the United States, and eventually became a U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations. Host: The Heritage Foundation.
• FIND OUT what the election results mean. The American Enterprise Institute offers its concluding Election Watch panel.
• FIGURE OUT how to adapt to the future. Cato hosts David Friedman, author of Future Imperfect: Technology and Freedom in an Uncertain World.
• EXAMINE globalization in light of Catholic Social Teaching. The Acton Institute host an all-day forum in
• EXPLORE ideas for better commercializing Africa’s resources for the benefit of Africans. The Inter Region Economic Network hosts the 6th Africa Resource Bank.
For more events, see InsiderOnline’s Conservative Calendar.